Monday, March 05, 2007

The Producers


Ok. So I may have gone alone to the Jub to watch this show, but trust me, it was SO WORTH IT.


Roger De Bris: This crazy Kraut is crackers! He crashed in here and crassly tried to kill us! Carmen Ghia: Oh, Roger, what alliteration!
Roger De Bris: Thank you, darling.


What with the antics of Carmen (dear, dear skinny-black-panted-boy that acted him), Ulla (the Swedish receptionist/actress) and the gun-toting, fascist worshipping Franz, I actually couldn't stop laughing.


Leo Bloom: I'm very sorry I caught you feeling up the old lady.
Max Bialystock: "Feeling up the old lady." Thank you Mr. Tact.

Especially when the song "Keep it Gay" started.

Carmen Ghia: If your intention was to shoot an arrow through my heart... Bull's-eye!

Hahaha. Great fun. I love Broadway.
If you ever wanted to be really random/get back into my good books, get me the musical version of the DVD. Seriously, I loved it enough that I might even consider getting the DVD, even though I'm sure it won't measure up to the Broadway version.

"I do Broadway because I refuse to succumb to the stereotypical things that Hollywood does to a performer." [Jamie Farr]

No comments: