Thursday, March 08, 2007

Le Miracle

Ok, so Doc worked pretty darn quickly. Went in on Tuesday, met the guy, got checked out for maybe a halfie, and then he says "So, how about March 16th for surgery?".

My jaw dropped. So did my stomach. A heck of a lot further than my jaw though.
Barely managed the "can I think about it?". Of course I was going to take it, I just to ABSORB this new, exciting and terrifying information.


Arg.

Ok, so I have a week and a day with which to use two arms. Oh joy. Then a sling for six weeks, then probably about six months of rehab. Trying to make it back for rugby next year, but not really sure of the likelihood as of yet. We'll see.

Kinda cool surgery, they're going in with a scope, so I'll have three little dime shaped scars... Uhm.. Yup, that's pretty much all I want to get into with that right now.


And hey? This is a GOOD THING. I really, really can't deal with people saying "oh wow... That sucks". I KNOW it sucks, believe me, you don't have to belabour that point.



Cheerfulness, sir, is the principle ingredient in the composition of health.
[
Arthur Murphy]

No comments: